Tonight I am ordering my bridesmaid dress for Banana's wedding. I still don't think it has set in that she is getting married...maybe when I am standing up at the front with her in her wedding dress it will seem real. It is hard being away for all the wedding plans, I feel like we have been planning this since we were five. Granted, when we made wedding plans at that age she was always the groom, but still. Or we planned on marrying dad. I guess neither of those worked out. I remember when she came home from her first date with Z, we were living together in college and I stayed up to see how it was. After she finally got home (very very late I might add) she came into the room absolutely giddy with happiness. "You're going to marry this boy, aren't you?" I remember saying. She just smiled. Like they say, the rest is history.
Being the fashionable and fabulous person she is, she decided to go with all different styles of bridesmaid dresses, and we wanted to make sure we had different neck-lines, so as soon as she had an idea about hers we could decide on mine. Looking at bridesmaid dresses I am noticing a definite trend towards the 80's styles of dropped waist lines, ruffles, tiers and bows. I love it. It's 80's styles in 2011 colors, muted jewel tones and neutrals. I would not mind seeing a few sequins here and there though...check out these from J. Crew Wedding:
Lator gator.
Love the purple one! You'd look gorgeous in it!
ReplyDeletehaha...I love that you made Anna be the groom. You would.
ReplyDelete