Sunday, February 6, 2011

J'aime dormir

I slept through the Super Bowl.  I heard Green Bay won...cool.  If the Broncos are not playing then I don't care.  Or the Colts. 

One of the after-effects of being sick that is a benefit in my line of work is the decreased ability to smell.  I didn't dry heave once last night.  Maybe the ER gods felt sorry for me since the last time I was at work I had the world's stinkiest patients. 

This morning after work I unwound by taking a bubble bath and having a glass of the most amazing homemade Kahlua and soy milk on the rocks, then I slept so hard I woke up a couple times not knowing where I was.  I really, really appreciate that I am able to do stuff like this right now.  When lots of nurses are going home to families, getting kids off to school, having to do housework, grocery shop, and do everything else that being a working mother entails, I am pretty elated that I get to come home to peace and quiet and undisturbed sleep.  Oh sleep, how I adore you. 

Speaking of sleep...I may just give it another go here.

Sweet dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment