Finally, a creative outlet for myself, just in time for my first quarter-century on earth. Fashion, friends, the life of the single girl and hilarity to follow.
Friday, April 1, 2011
Gina, Frank, Harvey, Paul...
The toads are back. Last night when I walked out to get in my car I counted seven. I hate toads, and am scared to death that a) one is going to somehow jump into my car when I open the door and I wont be able to get it out and/or b) I will accidentally step on one and squish/mame it and/or c) the toads will gang up and corner me in a dark alley and slime me to death. Okay, maybe not that last one, but it could happen. Who knew the trip to my car could be so terrifying? When I was little I read somewhere that if you were scared of something, you should give it a name and that would make it less scary. I tried that with spiders, but no matter how many names I gave them, I was always sure they were going to wait until I was asleep and then lay eggs in my ears and bite me on the face. I would make Banana get up and kill them for me, and when she started refusing, one of my best ideas ever came to me: I used the swiffer to kill it. The swiffer has a large flat area at the end and a long pole so you don't have to get close enough to the bug for it to really attack you. Genius, I know. On the way back into my apartment last night, I decided to name the toads. I don't know if it helped. I passed a Jezebel, Theo, Gary, Freddy and Seymour. Here is to hoping that I do not contribute knowingly to toad casualties in the deep South this spring.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment