Thursday, April 14, 2011

unwind

Last night was long.  We had a trauma come in at 9pm...waaaaay too early for anything like that.  Usually we like stuff like that to happen after 3am, when it slows down, because it takes so much time and makes the end of the shift come faster.  Not when it comes in at 9pm.  After five hours of one-on-one care we finally got the patient helicoptered out...and then there were still five hours of work left.

If I had a magic lamp with a genie in it, right now I would wish for a decaf mocha with two shots of Kahlua in it, one bacon egg croissant sandwich, a bubble bath and a head massage.  Since I do not have a genie I am going to settle for a granola bar warmed up in the microwave and some Kahlua and soy milk on the rocks. 

I am so glad I have a few nights off before I head back...so I'll have some time to do some very important stuff like sunbathe, watch Glee (now available on Instant Netflix), get a pedicure, and go see a friend's soft-shell crab processing shed....crabs are waaaay more complicated than I knew...you have to have certain tanks for them, the season is only 3-5 weeks long, certain sizes and colors mean different things...ridiculous.  I will take some pictures and post them.

No comments:

Post a Comment