Friday, May 13, 2011

Discombobulatoriation

Oh man, I don't know which way is up...trying to convert back to nights is tough...all night I tell myself I need to get up but my bed is just so soft and I am so comfy and warm that it just doesn't happen.  Last night I recall telling myself "You have to get up and do your blog!" but apparently that didn't work out either. 

Holy worst drive ever to the airport on Wednesday morning.  My poor friends had to be there by 5:15am so we left the condo around 4:30am and proceeded to drive into the worst lighting/thunder/rain/gale force winds I have ever seen.  We were all quiet with eyes about the size of salad plates crawling along in my little Honda with the windshield wipers going a zillion miles an hour, I was hoping that my car wasn't going to float away and I am pretty sure someone in the backseat voiced their concern that we would indeed be struck by lightning.  Luckily none of the aforementioned happened, and everyone made their flights. 

I miss them already.

Tonight it is back to work.  I was just at Wal-Mart and one of the worst things ever is when you see patients you have had or have seen in the ER out in public.  It's uncomfortable regardless, but when the person was in the ER for something relatively embarrassing or heaven-forbid for a psychiatric consult, it just makes it that much weirder.  I always avoid eye-contact and if anyone asks I always say I have a twin sister that is a nurse in the ER.  I saw about 8 ex-patients today, and their family members, and mostly just wanted to crawl into a hole.  Awkward....

No comments:

Post a Comment