Sunday, May 1, 2011

That's how you do a weekend

I  went down to Florida and on a few dates this weekend...and I survived!  I was so nervous...when was the last time I went on a date with someone I had never met before??  I don't think I have ever done that.  I am so proud of myself, no wardrobe malfunctions (that I was aware of, anyways), blood or vomit and the conversation was good.  That is success in my book.  While brainstorming ideas for dates, my friend came up with this gem, bless her little heart (see how Southern I am getting?) She suggested that the two of us (me and the guy) donate blood together.  I haven't laughed so hard at something in a long time and the best part was she was actually serious.  She said we could really get to know each other if we answered the 8 trillion questions together that they ask before you donate...Have you been out of the country in the last 12 months?  Have you gotten a tattoo in the last two years?  I reminded her one of the questions is "Have you had sex with a gay man before 1975?" and she said she thought that was an important one to get out in the open in any relationship.  I always liked when I got asked that question while donating blood in college and high school.  Um...no.  I wasn't even born for another decade...and a year.

Other activities of note in La's life this weekend included going to my first arena football game (where I learned the very cultured skill of shotgunning beer while tailgating), getting lost not once but twice at the same exit, watching the Blue Angels practice while sunbathing at the swimming pool, going to the Jax Zoo and Jax beach, and having my fill of delicious sandwiches and iced soy carmel macchiatos from Starbucks.  Successful weekend?  I think so.

1 comment:

  1. This sounds just lovely. I would say you had a wicked successful weekend.

    ReplyDelete