Last week I went to a new waxing place in Charleston. My regular waxer (waxtress?) is on maternity leave, so I had to try someone and someplace else. When I walked in I knew it was either going to be acceptable, or really, really bad. How did I know this? The whole place was pirate themed. And they offered vajazzling.
I lucked out, the lady was fantastic and it took all of 15 minutes and cost $35, as opposed to the 1 hour and $85 I have been shelling out thus far. Fabulous. Now I have a new favorite place, too bad it is over an hour's drive away. Arrrrrrgh. Sorry, couldn't resist.
This morning when my family and I were getting ready for me to drive them to the airport, I asked my dad to tie the back of my sundress. "Do you want a square knot or a bowline knot? Double fisherman's?" he asked. "Um, how about just a bow?" I asked. Good thing he asked because I would have had to cut my dress off otherwise to get out of it. He said he didn't see the point in clothing you could only wear when someone else was there to tie it for you. I said I semi-agreed, just having had flashbacks to a wedding I went to out of town by myself when I ended up having to call room service to come to my room to zip up my dress...the maid probably thought I was an orphan, or at least the world's most pathetic 20-something year-old female, going to a wedding with no date, unable to dress herself, but that is ok. Little did she know she was zipping up the dress of the most fabulous ginger-snap maker/bike wrecker/Harry Potter fanatic ever to grace the rooms of the Ft. Collins Holiday Inn.
No comments:
Post a Comment