There is a scientific explanation for evil, but is there an explanation for goodness? I believe evil is learned and is the result more of nurture versus nature. However, is goodness the same way? How is goodness learned? How do you teach it? You can dissect evil - pain, suffering, loss, but can you dissect goodness? What are its components? Goodness is more ethereal, maybe that is why it is harder for people to grasp. There are any number of things you can do to cause a person pain, but it is far more difficult and personal which things are going to make someone feel good. I think every human is capable of goodness, but why do some people seem to have a better grasp on it than others? Can you teach someone to be "good"? Are those morals? Are they innate? I used to think everyone was born good, but would turn out based on what they learned growing up. I think that is what I still want to believe. Try to define goodness, it's harder than it sounds.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mR8FknWqIeY&feature=related
I am in love with this song. Hans Zimmer is a genius.
No comments:
Post a Comment