Finally, a creative outlet for myself, just in time for my first quarter-century on earth. Fashion, friends, the life of the single girl and hilarity to follow.
Saturday, July 2, 2011
Sad but true
So I had a friend visiting the last few days, we had a blast. On Wednesday morning after getting bagels we found a wallet in the parking lot of the library. We went through it looking for a contact number or something, and ended up finding a pencil-written phone number on the back of a business card, so we called it. Turns out it was the owner of the wallet's son, we explained who and where we were and that we had this wallet. The man was super-nice, thanking us over and over again and we arranged to drop it off at the library front desk where he could pick it up for his dad. Apparently his dad was older and had some health problems. He asked that we leave our names and addresses so they could thank us properly. We went into the library and explained to the librarian what had happened and that we had contacted the owner of the wallet's son and he would be by to pick it up. The librarian acted so surprised and kept thanking us as well, we told her we didn't need to leave any contact information, as long as the man got his wallet back. When we left we were kind of in shock, isn't returning a wallet what any warm-blooded good-Samaritan would do? The way people acted it was like we had saved a baby from a train or something. I really didn't (and still don't) feel like I had done something that incredible, and I found it sad that doing something like that surprises people so much these days. After I thought about it and the area and type of population that lives here, I figured that it might be pretty unusual, but that doesn't take away from the fact that it was the right thing to do. Pretty much it just made me realize I better NEVER lose my wallet - based on how those people acted, if I did, it was never coming back again. Are good Samaritans really that few and far between? I want to hear some more stories of goodness.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The more I read your blog, the more I realize that the world could certainly benefit with having more people like you around. AND, what is this Halloween outfit that is great?
ReplyDeleteoawm