Wednesday, August 31, 2011

redonkulous

So, the morning of Banana's bachelorette party Banana, her fiance and their dog took off for Denver with me following behind them in my car.  Shortly out of town I realized I had left my dress I was planning on wearing that night hanging up in the basement room of their house.  I tried both Banana and Z's cell phones, but apparently they were jamming out to Harry Potter or something because neither answered.  I left a message that I was turning around and would meet them shortly.  Little did I realize that when I made it back to the house, it would be locked.  I had cracked a window in the basement the night before, trying to get things cooled off during the night, so after parking and checking all the doors I went around the back of the house to check out the window, which was luckily still cracked.  It was around 9am at this time.  I was dressed for a day of shopping and lunching (ie I looked cute in my little Banana Republic sundress) and to open the window further and crawl through it, I would have to crawl on my belly through dirt and the window, then drop onto the tiled floor of the basement.  There was no way I was going to get my dress dirty, so I just decided to take it off and threw it in the basement window.  Lovely thing that it is I don't have to wear a bra with it, but I figured the neighbors, if they were looking out their window into Banana's yard at this exact moment, would have probably seen boobies before sometime in their life.  So, only in my underwear I crawled through the dirt, through the window (head first because I am genius of course), then realized I was stuck as I had my torso hanging through the window and my underwear hooked on the splintered wood of the window frame.  If a police man had come along I would have been up a creek.  Needless to say I got my underwear unhooked and fell the rest of the way down, partially landing on my bed, unhurt, and put my sundress back on and grabbed the fabulous little black dress I was going to wear that night, made it out the front door, re-locked everything and was back on the road within 5 minutes and had a fabulous time at the bachelorette party with Banana and our friends.

I was so proud of myself.

1 comment:

  1. Its posts like these that will push you to Penelope Trunk status. Brutally, comically, real.

    ReplyDelete