Friday, October 21, 2011

What's new...

I am an independent nurse here now, off of orientation.  Last night was my first night "on my own" and it went well, besides the fact that I am still not sure if I transmitted scabies from four of my patients.  Gross.  I have been working in the pod where all the psych patients go and am getting slightly tired of suicidal 15 year-olds and alcoholic 50 year-olds. 

The other night I accidentally watched part of a really bad horror movie that scared me.  How does one do this accidentally you ask?  Well it was one of the few cases I have seen where Netflix gets the synopsis very wrong.  I kept pausing the movie and re-reading what it was about, and finally turned it off when the main character had a gigolo in saran wrap and was going to cut his heart out.  So bad.  I turned on a children's movie about rainbows and slept with all the lights on. 

I made the mistake of getting my flu shot this morning after work and came home and went to sleep instead of using my arm like is recommended and now that arm is sore and dead-ish.

Finally, I am doing a Star Wars themed pumpkin this year - either Darth Vader or Yoda. 

No comments:

Post a Comment