Wednesday, January 11, 2012

I got a feelin'...

One of my new year's "plans" was to eat out less and prepare more of my own food.  Today I am making good on that and preparing food for the work week ahead.  I blanched snow peas to eat with jasmine rice and Sri Racha sauce, made some Parmesan couscous, and am George Foreman-ing red peppers and Portabella mushrooms tossed in olive oil and garlic to mix into that.  I am pretty proud of myself.
  Yesterday I had lunch with a friend, had my hair cut and colored, had a waxing appointment, and then later drove to a little nearby town and had a delicious Mexican dinner with some friends and met some new ones.  A friend's family owns a micro-brewery there, so he gave us the grand tour after dinner, along with samples of the grain and the hops (eeeew).  I still hate beer, but it was kinda cool.  Today I am having lunch with a friend from high school (see what I mean about eating out??) and plan on vegging out this afternoon.  Tomorrow starts the most ridiculous work schedule I have ever seen...something like Jan. 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 19 I have a computer class, 21, 22, 23, 24, 26...working day and night shifts.  I kind of want to commit Hara Kiri, aka Harry Carry just thinking about it, and no, I did not schedule myself like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment