Saturday, March 10, 2012

Tardy

Sorry I have been absent of late, my dad came to visit for a few glorious days and I spent one whole day of my precious time off in bed, reading and napping.  All day.  I did not check facebook.  I did not blog.  I read, and slept.  What did you read? you might be asking, and I will tell you.  I finally, after much delay, broke down and bought The Hunger Games.  Great read, and what finally pushed me to just buy it and read it was the fact that I saw a preview for the movie coming out in a few weeks, and wanted to have read the book first.  The writing in far from exceptional, but the story is original once you get past the whole human sacrifice thing (seriously, was there a civilization in history that has not practiced human sacrifice or something similar?), and imaginative and overall it is a very enjoyable read.  Much like The Twilight series.  Not exceptional writing but a good idea and hard to put down once you start.  I admit it.  I liked the Twilight books.  In The Hunger Games for some reason they eat a lot of fresh berries and goat cheese and a large part of the book revolves around bread...I happen to have all three of those things in my fridge, so I have been eating them and thinking about the book incessantly.  You should read it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment