Thursday, January 13, 2011

Community Laundry

So every other week I dread doing my laundry.  There is a community laundry room with washers and dryers here at the complex where I live, but I hate driving my laundry, detergent, bleach, and fabric softener to the building then putting it in the washing machines, then driving home, then driving back, putting it in the dryers, driving home, then driving back laying it out nicely, then driving home again and folding it all.  I go really early in the morning to avoid the waiting on washers and dryers and hoping people will come and get their clean clothes out in a reasonable amount of time.  Once I went on a Sunday afternoon and there were 3 people waiting in line and all washers/dryers full.  Another funny thing about community laundry rooms is that I always end up with some article of clothing that is not mine, usually socks.  A little pink baby sock, or some XL men's athletic socks...I never know what to do with them.  I throw the baby socks back the next time I do laundry, like little fishes in a pond, but I have been known to keep and wear other socks that have turned up in my stuff.  I told one of my co-workers this and she was so grossed out that she offered to buy me socks.  "Why?"  I said.  "I know they're clean!".  Laundry is a funny thing.  When I think of the future and my ideas of success, I think when I finally have a washer and dryer of my own and don't have to haul out my clothes to wash them, I will know I have made it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment