Friday, January 14, 2011

Just like the pig!


Last night there was a little girl, and when one of the employees asked her name, she said "My name is Olivia!  Just like the pig!".  For those of you who don't know, Olivia is a children's book about a little pig that wears a red dress and red and white tights.  This little girl pretty much made my night because it made me remember all my favorite books as a kid and how special you felt if you had the same name as one of the characters.  Then I had a dream today that I found all these books I love from my childhood and got to just sit and read and read.  I know the dream was from me thinking about it, but children's books are one of my all-time favorite things.  Elouise, Good Night Moon, Runaway Bunny, Roald Dahl, Roxaboxen, Gurious George, Stephen Kellog, Little Critter books, The Berenstein Bears, Babar, Heckedy Peg...the list goes on and on.  Thanks little girl for reminding me of such wonderful times and the books that got me started.

1 comment:

  1. We love Olivia in this house! In her latest book, she goes to Venice - it's awesome. We like Harold, too!

    ReplyDelete