Sunday, January 23, 2011

I wonder

I wonder if my parents were cool in the 80's.  Lately I have been watching Glory Daze on TBS and it is awesome.  It takes place in 1986, the year I was born.  What kind of music did my parents listen to in the 80's?  What did they think of parachute pants and shoulder pads?  Actually I remember playing in some of my mom's clothes and they definitely had shoulder pads, so I am going to say she liked them.  I also saw a picture once of my mom in HUGE Nicole Ritchie sunglasses circa 1985.  It is so strange to think about your parents and their lives before yourself...I always assumed that my parents lives never really started until May 21, 1986 when I was born.  Isn't that funny?  Who did my mom have a celebrity crush on?  Did she love Toto and Prince and Blondie and Michael Jackson?  Now that I am thinking about it, it seems crazy how little I know about my parent's lives before I showed up.  I know they must have enjoyed Top Gun though, because I remember that movie always being around growing up and I could recite lines from it by age 5.  "I feel the need, the need, for speed!".  This might have been yelled at my little sister while I pushed her in the wheelbarrow around the yard.  I don't know for sure.  All I know is that when I call my parents tonight I am going to ask them a ton of questions about the awesome 80's.  I bet I learn a few things. ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment