Thursday, January 27, 2011

Ola Brasil!

That last post was classic.  I was in the middle of trying to convert back to a nighttime schedule and literally woke up in the middle of 12 hours of sleep to write something.  I could hardly keep my eyes open to turn on my laptop and then I nodded off a few times while thinking of something to write.  Obviously I pulled out a gem of a post.  Ha ha ha! 

Yesterday I visited Brazil, in waxing terminology that is.  What we do in the name of beauty.... The aesthetician was very nice and professional and it didn't hurt as bad as I had expected but I warn you, it is not for the faint of heart!!  She gave me a few Aleve before the procedure, which I am sure helped.   I feel like afterwards you feel instantly more attractive, at least I did.  We will see how long that feeling lasts.

This a.m. I got up early and went to the YMCA to swim laps.  Good lord.  What possesses people, myself included, to get up in the dark early hours of the morning, get in a freezing cold car, drive, take off all your clothes in a tiled room with strangers, put on unflattering spandex/nylon, jump into a cold pool of chemical-ized water with a rubber hat on, and proceed to flop around in the water until your lungs feel like they are going to explode and your legs cramp up?  The pursuit of health of course!  Right afterwards I came home and it was still dark and I crawled into my bed and passed out.  My pillows smell like chlorine now.  Who knows, I have hated exercise (yes, I am purposely using that strong of a word to describe my feelings regarding the topic) thus far and thought something non-impact after spending so much time on my feet would be good/more enjoyable.  We shall see...

PS - There has got to be a name for this law...if not, I will claim it, but why is it that EVERY time I roll out of bed and put on a sweatshirt and drive to the grocery store and don't wash my face/want to be seen, I see cute guys?  I guarantee if I had showered and put on makeup and a cute outfit, it would have been geriatric hour there and not a cute guy under 40 in a 5-mile radius. Sheesh.

No comments:

Post a Comment