Friday, January 28, 2011

Dia de mi hermano

Dear BWK:
Happy Birthday Big Brother!  Wish I could be there for the delicious meal tonight.  I heard what mom is making and am so jealous.  I will probably have rice and hot sauce like I usually do when I work.  So...26 years on planet earth.  Have you learned anything since age 4 that is really worth knowing?  Supposedly you learn 90% of what you will your entire life somewhere around that age.  Here are a few things I learned about you, not all in that age range, mainly because I don't remember much at that age other than we enjoyed David the Gnome together.  Here goes:  1) I had a partner in crime/twin from the moment I met you at the hospital on May 21, a year and a half after you were born.  2) I would do anything in the world for you then, and now.  3) You think leprechaun poop is the funniest thing ever. 4) I have a hunch you might secretly enjoy watching Sex and the City. 5) You are a master fisherman, like dad and grandpa. 6) You were a real sport in college for letting me borrow your car, Thelma, to go train my pig for the livestock management class.  I am sorry the smell never really came out. 7) You would make me so mad because I would practice a song on the piano for hours and you could appear and play it by ear within minutes. 8) You can always win kids over with your flipper tooth. 9) We have the same political views (yay!). 10) You still side with me when it comes to picking sides in an argument between me and a pretty girl.  11)  Your sweaty soccer socks on the heater in the the Land Cruiser really might have affected my olfactory sense for life. 12) I am jealous of your eyelashes. 13) Pretty sure you could survive in the Canadian wilderness with nothing but the clothes on your back. Jealous of that too. 14) I would pay money to have seen you in Europe maneuvering those roundabouts in your little car with moss growing on it.  15) You are going to be the best uncle EVER.  16) Don't worry, those beasts in Willow are just dogs in costume, they aren't real. 17) Building forts with you is awesome. 18) I am always excited to see your latest artistic projects. 19) Hunter Safety class wouldn't have been the same without you. 20) You are someone for me to respect, admire and love, and I am thankful every day you are my brother.  Now, here is a link for you for old time's sake.  xoxox and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!  B's Special Birthday Link

Love you always and forever - - L

No comments:

Post a Comment