Sunday, January 30, 2011

Stupid bug

I have been seeing people bitten by the flu bug alot over the last couple of months and it finally bit me.  Ug.  Being sick really makes you realize how much you take for granted on a daily basis, and gives me a little empathy with my patients.  I don't know how many times we tell the patients with fevers that they can't bundle up..."Your temperature is 103.  Take off the snowsuit" but I don't think I am ever going to deny anyone a blanket again!  When I am not sweating and burning up I am shivering and my teeth are chattering.  If I didn't have a warm blanket and my rice-filled bed buddy, I would have to logically assume that death would be next in the uncomfortable scale.  It is easy when you are healthy to minimize other's suffering.  Too often if it doesn't affect us, it is not our problem.  Maybe there is something to be learned by getting sick for me.  Now, off to sleep after I finish this umpteenth bottle of water....

No comments:

Post a Comment