Finally, a creative outlet for myself, just in time for my first quarter-century on earth. Fashion, friends, the life of the single girl and hilarity to follow.
Wednesday, January 19, 2011
What the....?
Yesterday I was talking with a physician and a physician's assistant about the sad condition the United States is in. We were discussing the poor health care system, justice system and education system, having a real, grown-up conversation, and I said that I wanted to start my own country. The physician said "Interestingly, there has been a dramatic increase in the number of American families moving to Singapore recently, just looking for a simpler way of life." To this I intelligently replied "I don't like Japan, they slaughter dolphins." Oh. My. Gosh. The worst part was that there was a few second lull in the conversation and a funny look at me and then the physician's assistant filled the silence with "Well, anyways..." and proceeded to change the subject. It wasn't until I got home and looked on a map that I realized Singapore is NOT in Japan, and is not even located near it. I love saying highly intelligent things in the the presence of very smart people. When I was back at work this morning, I asked the PA if last night he thought my reply to the Singapore comment was odd. "Yes," he said, "I did, but I chose to ignore it". Ha. If I catch a few dumb replies and statements I make every day when I get home from work, imagine how many I am not catching. Brilliant.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment