Monday, February 14, 2011

(Lake Baikal-Deep) Deep Thoughts

My perfect Valentine's day....hmmmm, I thought about what would make this the perfect Valentine's day for me in bed this morning.  (I am still in bed, by the way).  I decided it would be sleeping in, getting up and going to the spa, having a late lunch with friends, a possible nap, my late-lunch leftovers, and then a Lord of the Rings movie marathon while eating all the orange and yellow conversation hearts I could stand.  That's not too outrageous, is it?  No, upon closer inspection it is slightly lame, but it still sounds good to me.  Instead I am going to try to sleep today, then head back to work tonight.  Oh well, there are worse things than not celebrating V-day how you want to...like stubbing your toe or not noticing until you get to work that your scrub pants are on backwards. And inside out. And they are not the reversible type.

I was doing a lot of deep thinking in bed this am.  Get this epic epiphany I had: I would have no use for an invisibility cloak.  That thought was like a slap in the face.  I honestly couldn't think of one reason I would need one!  Where is the fun in that?  I guess that is one of the perks of being an adult, you can just go where you want to go and do what you want to do.  I wonder if Harry Potter got much use out of his in his adult life? Sadly, I will never know.

I would, however, have use for a magic mocrowave.  This microwave has been a long-standing dream/wish my mom and I have discussed over the years since I left home.  I guess because everywhere I have been, I have had a microwave and there has been a microwave at home with my parents.  The magic microwave is sheer genius.  Someone can put a meal or food item in it wherever they are, put in a phone number on the number pad, hit start, and then voila! It appears in the recipients microwave wherever that person may be, a sort of teletransporter microwave.  This would mean home-cooked meals at college, holiday meals from mom when working holdiays, warm chocolate chip cookies and ginger snaps any day of the week, a birthday meal if you are not home for your birthday, and to me, a delicious meal when I am at work and didn't pack one.  No more dinners of graham crackers and peanut butter and ginger ale, or vending machine brands of chips I have never heard of. 

Now, if only someone would invent one....

2 comments:

  1. *You could go to the movies whenever you wanted....for FREE!
    *There's the possibility of hitching a ride on a airplane...but that could be pretty freaky for all the people you had to squeeeeze by to find a seat.
    *You could be probably the most amazing reporter ever, and get all the dirt at the whitehouse making millions with your amazing photographs. Granted, this would most likely lead to your arrest and/or asassination.... :S

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angela - these are all excellent ideas. I especially like the movies one...totally do-able. Glad I will have some uses now, if I come to own one someday. Thank you for that.

    ReplyDelete