Thursday, February 3, 2011

Shouldn't have Googled that rabbit, now I am going to have nightmares

     Old scary stories that actually have a story line in them are my favorite.  None of this Texas Chainsaw Project or Blair Witch Massacre, I like the scary movies and stories that make you think and don't just try to gross you out.  I remember when I went to see The Sixth Sense in the theater.  I was about 13 and my friend and I just sat there crying and holding on to each other.  I still think that is one of the scariest movies of all time.  Also the rabbit in Donnie Darko freaks me out.  I watched that a few years ago at a friend's house and had to drive home in the dark and get out and open the gate...I was sure that psycho rabbit was going to come bounding out of the bushes and attack me.  Or just stare at me.  Either would be horrifying.  Anyways, back to good scary tales.  I really enjoyed The Others, with Nicole Kidman, and The Orphanage, which was a foreign film I think from Spain??  Both really well done. Early this morning I watched Dorian Gray, based on the story The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde.  It was fascinating, I want to read to story now.  I also enjoyed The Telltale Heart by Edgar Allen Poe, The Turn of the Screw, by Henry James I think, and even Rebecca by Daphne Du Maurier was a bit creepy and Wuthering Heights' Cathy was haunting.  Sometimes a good scary tale is just what is needed, especially to balance out Valentine's Day which is coming up.  I also like scary movies at Christmas.
Just try to tell me this isn't scary...

    So, to change gears, the bridesmaid dress didn't fit.  Banana, if you are reading this and I haven't talked to you yet, well, it didn't work.  In theory the dress looked great on the 6' model and the ruffle around the collar was striking, but on me it looked like something about to swallow my head or like I belonged in a circus wearing that with a mustache or something.  So...back to the drawing board.  I know you want to keep things neutral, but what about this one?  I wouldn't have to worry about losing any weight before your big day and it would be a good icebreaker for all those family friends we will be seeing that we haven't seen since we got our permanent teeth.
 Just a suggestion....

No comments:

Post a Comment