I am baking. It has been raining for days, and that kind of weather always puts me in the mood to bake. I am baking some ginger snaps to take to work. I think I did something just a little off, however, I kept messing up the amounts and then the cookies are not 'cracking' apart on top when they are done, so my first batch is a little on the burnt side. Oh well, they still taste good.
Sometimes I feel like life is passing me by and I am just a spectator, but when that happens I just need to take a deep breath and enjoy where and what I am right now. So much happens around this age, college graduation, moving, jobs, love, marriage, beginning of families, careers, that when you see friends and family going through these changes, you wonder when life will begin for you. I think it is important to remember that the every-day is important too, and that is something I struggle with. Listening to Van Morrison while baking on a rainy Saturday morning before trying to go back to sleep before the night shift isn't epic, but moments like this make up more time in my life than the HUGE events, and probably have more of an impact on who I am as well. I love baking. I love my apartment. I love peace and quiet. Such big deals are made out of life's milestones, but those can be few and far between. It is a work in progress for me to learn to appreciate the every-day as well.

Oh Lauren-- how I love you. And you are so in my brain with this post!
ReplyDelete