I watched a documentary on Russian ballerinas yesterday. I love ballerinas. I made a list of pros and cons to being a ballerina.
PROS: Tutus, sparkly costumes, feather headbands, lots of pink, excellent posture, adoring fans, no boobs, stage makeup, you dance for a living, seeing muscular men in tights is part of the job, all your clothing is elastic
CONS: Too skinny, walk duck-footed, no boobs, if you don't start by age 3 your chances of making it big decrease exponentially, not much time for other things, someone always trying to get your job, high stress, career over by 40
Obviously there are more pros than cons. I think I missed my calling, if only I had been born with a different body type and an ounce of grace. And in Russia. Hmmmm, I think I will take my slightly endomorphic/mesomorphic physique. And Western up-bringing. But I still wish there were more dancing, costumes and glitter in nursing. There is the elastic clothing though, we do have that in common.
Maybe it's your calling to bring more dancing, costumes, and GLITTER to nursing. Dare I say with that combination you could... rule the world.
ReplyDelete