Sunday, March 27, 2011

A Good Day for Sleeping

Today is rainy, gray and cloudy...overall a good day for sleeping.  Last night, one of the hospital employee's boyfriend, who owns a local bakery, brought us roughly 40 pounds carbs, (ie muffins, donuts, eclairs,  bagels and bread)  Awesome.  I was so glad I went off of my Brazilian-Bottom-Bikini diet in exchange for the Life-is-too-short-so-just-eat-whatever-in-moderation diet a few months ago.  

That reminds me...here is a game I created last summer and sent to my friends.  See if you can guess which one is false...sadly the rest are 100% true...those were some crazy 3-nights.  Here is my email:

"Let's play a game called "Which patient did La NOT have in the last 36 hours". I will give you some choices and you have to choose which patient scenario is false, and there will be only one. The other patient scenarios are 100% true! Here we go:

A) The belligerent bounty hunter who was so threatening to the staff that the police were called to keep him under control. His girlfriend, who had a shirt on that said "I eat pussy", was the unsuccessful mediator who attempted to keep him quiet even though he spent most of his stay screaming racial slurs and profanities.
B) The 3-year old whose mother tied him to the front porch with some string to "keep him in the yard" who ended up getting bitten by a possum that had been living under the porch
C) The black woman who stated that she had been sunburnt a week ago...and wanted to be treated for it this morning
D) The psychotic 18-year-old black dwarf who was found walking naked on the beach in Georgia with a 4-year old in tow...no one knows where the 4-year old came from...who sang me Whitney Houston and Kelly Clarkson songs
E) The 20-something, ambulatory, otherwise healthy female patient who requested to urinate in her non-private room, seperated from the main ER only by a curtain, in, specifically, a "small, styrofoam cup"
F) The 23-year old black woman who came in at 6am because she got in the shower this morning and realized that sometime previously in the night she had been stabbed 3 times in the back, breast and arm
G) The healthy, ambulatory 40-year old woman who came in via EMS for chest pain who pooped in her bed and then threw it in the hallway

So...ONE and ONLY ONE of the above patient scenarios are false...can you guess which one I made up and which 6 I dealt with?"

Amazing.

7 comments:

  1. I'm guessing E because it is the most believable.
    oawm

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have to pick which one I made up...all the others actually happened.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I forgot about this game! It's one of my favorites. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's why I picked E! The others are so
    fantastical I couldn't decide. I think E is made up. oawm

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree, E is made up.. So now tell us which one it is?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I made up the one about the possum. All the other ones happened, unfortunately....

    ReplyDelete