Thursday, March 3, 2011

Ramblin' thoughts

Spring is here...I can't believe it!  The trees are blooming, the grass is turning green, my heat has been off for at least 2 weeks...this is so different from Springtime in Wyoming.  They are still having sub-zero weather and blizzards.  Trees might start blooming by the end of May there.  I love having a long Fall and Spring.  Beautimous. 

I watched Shutter Island yesterday (yesternight).  I really liked it.  The end turned everything on its head and I am still thinking about it, I think I need to watch it again. 

I discovered my favorite/easiest meal for work.  I heat up a bag of jasmine rice, cut up an avocado, cherry tomatoes and sometimes black beans and mix it all together with a little Sri Racha sauce...it is soooo gooood.  I need to figure out something for dinner tonight...I didn't make it to the grocery store before work this week, but I did finally do my laundry.  Too often dinner ends up being graham crackers and ginger ale and a bagel from the doctor's lounge if I am extremely lucky.  I hate planning meals ahead of time.

A few nights ago a co-worker and I went to the Savannah area to have dinner with a friend.  On the way back it was dark and we were talking and there was a lot of traffic.  After a little bit I thought "this trip home is taking forever!", and that is about the time my co-worker pointed out that I had missed our exit from the interstate by approximately 23 exits.  Awesome.  I have driven that road over 30 times...maybe my "spirit free" daiquiri at dinner wasn't so "spirit free".

I am keeping my fingers crossed that I do not wake up with pink eye.  A toddler pooted RIGHT in my face while I was trying to get her hospital ID band on her last night.  Good thing she was cute and didn't know any better, it really isn't as cute when adults do it to you.

Sweet dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment