So sorry for the delay with these blogs…I wasn’t going to pay $10 a day for internet access while in Orlando. I wrote every day anyways, but am just posting them now.
Thursday March 17, 2011
Wednesday March 16, 2011
7:45 before Hogsmeade Opened
Tuesday March 15, 2011
Monday March 14, 2011
Today was epic. Hogsmead/Diagon Alley were so cool…the Butterbeer was cold and frothy, the Three Broomsticks was old-looking and drafty, the Flight of the Hippogriff was the favorite roller coaster of the day. This morning at the Three Broomsticks a waitress asked if we would like our pictures taken. “Say ‘Butter beer’ on the count of three!” she said, but my hearing isn’t the greatest and I could have sworn she said “Say ‘Predator’”. Needless to say my face was a little confused and my response a little delayed. Zonko’s, Honeyduke’s and Dervish and Bang’s were phenomenal. The pumpkin juice was also very good, like a cinnamon-y cider. After that we did the Dragon Challenge…Banana chose to ride the Chinese Fireball, and it was epic. Afterwards, you get off and go through a long cavernous dark passage and there is creepy carnival music playing. Your center of gravity isn’t quite back to normal yet and it is quite a strange feeling…king of like you are in a parallel universe. After that we traversed to Jurassic Park Land, Cartoon Land, Superhero Land, and Dr. Seuss landing. “How could you not have a good time here?” Banana said at one point. We got caricature drawings of ourselves…not flattering at all, but hilarious, and a photograph with me as Shrek and Banana as Princess Fiona. Again, not flattering but I have not laughed that hard in a very long time. Tomorrow we are getting up early again and going to head straight to Hogwarts…by 9am there was a 4-hour estimated wait-time to get in…so we are heading there first. Yesssssssssss.
Sunday March 13, 2011
The drive down here was uneventful and I am very glad. Right now we are waiting for room service dinner and are going to go to bed early…Diagon Alley opens up at 8am sharp…and we have breakfast reservations at The Three Broomsticks at 8:30. I can almost taste the Butter beer. We listened to The Sorcerer’s Stone in preparation on the drive down.
No comments:
Post a Comment