Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Surf Hobbit Bake

I decided what my own Eat Pray Love story would be if I had the means to do it: Surf Hobbit Bake.  I would start out in Central America, maybe Costa Rica, and would just live the simple life...no tv, movies, etc, lots of quiet time, reading, writing and most importantly, learning how to surf and working on my Spanish.  After that, I would travel to New Zealand and get a job working on the set of The Hobbit, which I think might be the coolest thing ever.  I loooooove the Lord of the Rings movies and just being around the action would be fantastic.  I would get a menial job and submerge myself in the world of Peter Jackson's take on Middle Earth and J.R.R. Tolkien.  Who knows, maybe I would even get a part as an extra hobbit or goblin!  Or I could clean the toilets.  Whatever.  After that, I would fly to France and get a job in a little bakery outside Paris somewhere, doing dishes, cleaning, whatever, until hopefully the baker/owner would decide to let me help in the baking part of it and I would learn all about pastries, cream puffs, breads, cup cakes, petit fours, etc. etc and I would finish out my year surrounded by beautiful food.  I planned it all yesterday morning when I was laying in bed trying to fall asleep, listening to the rain after a chaotic night. When I finally fell asleep, I had weird dreams about self-propelled surf boards.  Maybe today I will dream of hobbits....

3 comments:

  1. Hmm...i think mine would be Sleep Read Sleep. Locales optional as long as there were comfy beds and well-stocked libraries or bookstores :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your adventure sounds awesome-- And I would totally watch it if it was turned into a movie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This made me laugh. I never knew you wanted to surf so much. I would definitely go to Costa Rica with you. I might not surf - the ocean scares me a bit when you're out there - but I'll lie on the beach, read, drink out of a coconut and watch some monkeys with you.

    ReplyDelete