Finally, a creative outlet for myself, just in time for my first quarter-century on earth. Fashion, friends, the life of the single girl and hilarity to follow.
Tuesday, March 29, 2011
Unexpected Kindness
Last night I was the lucky recipient of some unexpected kindness, and it kind of made my night. It was something little to say the least, but just the idea that someone out there would be kind to a stranger was so crazy to me and that I would be the recipient was even crazier. I went down to the cafeteria to get something to eat because I was staaaaaaarrrrrrrrvvvvvvviiiiinnnnnng, and nothing looked good so I decided on a salad. The salads in the cafeteria are pathetic and over-priced, a plastic box with lettuce and powdered parmesan cheese makes up their Caesar salad...but I was so hungry anything sounded good. I went up to pay at the register and the cashier said "How much is that salad?". "$5.00" I replied. "Bull shit, I ain't charging you but $2.50 for that, that salad is just sad!" The cashier yelled. "We jus' gonna keep this between you an me" she said as she finished ringing me up. After thanking her and paying, I just felt so good that someone was nice to me that didn't even know me! It wasn't a big deal, and I am sure she probably doesn't even remember me with all the meals she rung up last night, but it totally put a smile on my face. So, thank you, cafeteria lady, for the little random act of kindness, it was so good to see some goodness in someone!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment