Saturday, April 9, 2011

100th post

**I regards to the "I'm fired comment", I didn't get fired from anything, I was joking because I missed the midnight deadline I set for myself to write a new blog every day .

Here are some goodies from last night:

V: "We are going to Bennetsville to see an estuary!"
L: "No....we are going to Bishopville to see a topiary!"
V: "That's what I meant" 

Unit secretary and myself trying to decipher MD handwriting:
L: "What does this say?  Halitosis?"
S: "I think it says dizziness"
L: "No...maybe acidosis?"
S: "I got it!  Cirrhosis!"  (she was right)

A patient and myself:
L: "Have you ever been pregnant?"
P: "Uh, well, hmmm (thinking really hard) well, I have three kids so I guess..."
L: "THAT means you have been pregnant!"

L: "Have you been drinking sir?"
P: "No"
L:  "Well, your blood alcohol level is almost 400 (remember 80 is legal limit), so I think you might have"
P: "Maybe a few days ago"

500 lb patient to doctor: "I haven't eaten in weeks!"

An oldy but a goody:  Delirious hallucinating patient: "Lights.....Camera.....HASHBROWNS!"

Nurse: "Like riding dogs is frowned upon, so is riding your ER patients"

No comments:

Post a Comment