Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Oh no

I forgot again.  Oops.  I am so discombobulated sometimes I don't know which way is up...if it is morning or evening, noon or midnight, am I working tonight or tomorrow is it Tuesday still?  Two nights left of work...I can do it! 

Last night I had this funny conversation with a patient:
Me: "I am giving you some decadron, it's going to help with inflammation"
Patient: "Deca-what?"
Me: "Decadron"
Patient: "Sounds like one of Santa's reindeer!"

And just when I thought my give-a-damn was completely busted, I realized it wasn't.  That was a pretty good feeling too.  My patient lived in her car, had 4 kids in the car waiting for her, (all under age 12) no shoes, and was wrapped in a blanket (because she had no pants?) and couldn't breathe because she was having an asthma attack.  And you thought your life was hard.  Turns out in dire cases my give-a-damn recharges itself.  Good to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment