Tonight I went over to a friend's house and we made penguin cupcakes...they turned out really cute...white marshmallow for the tummies, yellow starbursts cut in half for the beaks, mini M&M's for the eyes, chocolate wafers for the wings...I will post some pictures when I get some. The only problem was making the chocolate icing black...we added green and blue and the penguins turned out forest-green...but they look black from a distance.
Thank goodness for friends when you can't be home with family for holidays. I think it is best to either make plans to be with friends or just ignore the holiday entirely...holidays can get too lonely otherwise.
Went and saw the movie Hanna last night, reminded me of a Quentin Tarantino film, grindhouse style....it was too violent to be PG-13 although the acting was good and it was entertaining.
I am going to read the short story The Most Dangerous Game by Richard Connell...about hunting man. Somehow we got on the topic of talking about it last night after the movie. I wonder how I would do running in the woods trying to avoid being caught...probably pretty bad. Apparently there is this show called Man Hunt or something of the kind where these people have to make it to a certain checkpoint without getting caught by this man who is tracking them on horseback...I want to see it.
My dad loves the show Man Hunter. It is pretty hilarious and terrifying. My dad thinks him and I, should be a team and I was like "Hell NO". Being chased is one of my biggest fears. The anxiety would kill me before he caught up to us!
ReplyDelete