I just went and saw Bridesmaids. It might have been the funniest movie I have seen in years. I know I exaggerate, but I am not this time. I laughed out loud throughout the whole thing. Literally. It must have been senior citizen night because my friend and I were the only people there under 65 I think. They made me laugh even harder because they kept loudly whispering stuff to each other like "Is that the groom's mother?" in regards to the 23 year-old looking bridesmaid. Even if you are deaf, use some common sense. Good thing the movie was so fantastic because it was a fiasco getting into the theater. The ticket lady gave me the wrong change not once, but twice (I am no math genius but I knew something was wrong when I used my $50 birthday bill for one student ticket and only got back two $5's), then the manager had to be called, the cash-box counted and re-opened...but I kept my cool. Then the theater mixed up the movie posters outside what theaters the movies were playing in, so we sat in Something Borrowed for a good 5 minutes before we realized it wasn't a preview, and then when we finally made it to the right theater, slid past all the old white-haired baby-powdered geriatrics and into our seats, the air conditioning went out. Only a really really good movie could make up for all of that...and the free passes we got in consolation.
Thankfully some friends have agreed to be Bachelorette-watching buddies of mine, so tonight I am going to catch up on the season premier. We all have our votes in for our favs based on the bios and head shots, and we can amend our choices after the first episode only. We shall see if my dentist makes my cut. Here are our current choices for posterity:
La: Dentist (forgot his name already)
S: Ryan P.
Ortega: West
Back to work tomorrow night, I keep trying to think of something clever to say I am going back to, like the chopping block, or the grindstone, but nothing is coming to mind...back to the linoleum and fluorescent lighting? Back to the patient rooms I know better than my own kitchen? Back to...? Hmmmmm, I will have to brainstorm on that.
No comments:
Post a Comment