Tuesday, June 28, 2011

...?

Somehow I am missing more blogs than ever...I guess I am getting confused with my work schedule and writing at 1am when I get home from work??  Who knows.  The other night before work I went to get coffee.  There is a man that is always downtown, older, maybe homeless, that everyone knows.  He was downtown and he saw me in my work scrubs and asked if I worked at the hospital.  I replied that yes I did and then in the middle of the sidewalk, with people all around, be proceeded to announce that he was bipolar and had been in the ER numerous time and had back surgery, and he was so proud of the fact that he was bipolar he kept announcing it.  Then he told me all about his therapy at the mental health outpatient clinic.  People were staring.  I just smiled and nodded and finally got away, but it was good reiteration to never let any strangers know I am nurse.  I first learned this on a plane ride from Savannah to Philly, when the man next to me asked what I did and upon hearing I was nurse, gave me his entire medical history and all the details about his new onset diabetes.  From now on I am just going to say I am an exotic dancer.  That will stop people from asking questions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment