Wednesday, June 8, 2011

The brave little fish

Today, as I was dozing along the shore on my raft, I was rudely awakened by a fish that had jumped out of the water and was flapping across my chest.  Naturally I screamed and kicked mom in the head, who happened to be on a floaty near my feet, but by the time she gained her composure and had retrieved her hat, the fish was finished assaulting me.  "What?!  What?!" she yelled.  I told her what had happened and she started laughing, saying she was sorry she missed the episode of the fish trying to get to second base with her daughter.  About that time another fish jumped onto her floaty and I started laughing so hard, that poor fish flopped the length of mom's torso and was stuck somewhere around mid-thigh before it flopped back into the water, all the while mom was flailing around with her sopping wet hat on, trying to flick the fish away.  Oh I love a good belly laugh.  Thanks little fish. 

1 comment:

  1. Will you please write a screenplay based on your family and these events?

    ReplyDelete