Monday, June 20, 2011

Hace MUCHO calor!

Last night I tried to scare myself awake by turning on Silence of the Lambs.  I was ready for bed at 5pm and figured if I turned that on I would at least stay awake until 7pm, a much more decent time to go to bed than 5.  It didn't work any great shakes, but thankfully I started talking to some friends from school and they kept me awake through How to Lose A Guy in 10 Days and part of Planet of the Apes, after Clarice found the crazy guy in the woman suit.  I made it to bed around 10:30 I think, pretty good!  Tonight I head back to work. It is interesting but based on the weather I can kind of predict how the night is going to go...when there are thunderstorms everyone with gout and joint problems comes in.  When it gets chilly or we have a cold snap, all the sicklers (sickle cell anemics) come in.  Today it has to be at least 100 degrees here, so heat-exhausted Marine recruits, immigrant workers and sunburns will be on the menu for tonight, among everything else.  Oh, and probably water-related accidents.  Seriously, if you are not outside in a pool, the river or the ocean, than it is too hot to be outside.  We need more rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment