Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Super [Freak]

There was a mosquito in my room last night.  Soooo annoying, a little tiny one that I couldn't seem to swat and today I have 2 mosquito bites on my face.  Rude.

I went and saw Super 8.  It = ET+Close Encounters of the 3rd Kind+The Goonies+War of the Worlds.  I only almost once jumped/crawled into my friend's lap, which I had apologized for in advance, so she was forewarned at least.  Speaking of crawling, last night there was a truck parked next to my car in the parking lot after the movies, it was late and dark and the driver in the truck was just sitting there, he was backed into the parking spot and I was head-first into the parking spot so his driver's door and mine were really close.  It gave me the heebie jeebies a bit so I actually got in the passenger seat of my car, locked all the doors, then crawled across to the driver's seat.  I am such a freak...but a safe freak.

Two of my friends generously agreed to watch The Bachelorette with me this go around, and we are busy exchanging notes.  I just want to put it out into the world wide web that Blake, the dentist, is adorable, and part of me wants her to keep him on the show so I can see more of him and part of me wants her to send him home asap so we can meet.  Blake, call me.

I invented a new drink at the beach house, cherry limeade with juice from a key lime squeezed in with some gin.  It's delish.  Has anyone tried the Skinny Girl Margaritas that Bethany Frankel invented?  They are kind of expensive.  I am still getting used to living in civilization again, when I leave the house I am realizing that I do not have pants on or shoes and start looking for my floatie and umbrella before I realize I am not at the beach anymore.  Somehow I think showing up to work without pants might lower my credibility....

No comments:

Post a Comment