My stuff is here!! I have my bed with my 4 inch-thick memory foam magic mattress topper! I never want to get out of it again. Work is going ok, it is so awful to suddenly feel so inadequate and lost again after starting to feel comfortable and like I kind of knew what I was doing. I can completely understand why people only work at one job at one place their entire life, it is definitely the easy, safe thing to do. I am liking work, but the feeling that I am running in circles for the entire 12-hours and not really being efficient makes for long shifts. I know this time will pass, but man is it frustrating. New charting, new policies and procedures, new nurses and doctors, new pass codes, new medicine and equipment machines...I am glad my family is close this time. Talk about humbling.
Already there is vast difference between the patients and the doctors and generally everything compared to the other hospital in the South. Of course there are the single moms that come in and tell us we are their primary care for their entire families, and all the other stupid things, but not in the never-ending, painful quantity that I am used to. I think I probably saw 10 stupid complaints yesterday, as opposed to 28. It makes a big difference. I have been working odd, mid-day shifts and getting home at late, weird hours so today I slept until noon, got up and ate something, then went back to sleep until 5pm and unpacked a little. I am going to go home and make some pasta and watch a movie on my giant tv. I am pretty excited.
No comments:
Post a Comment