Monday, September 19, 2011

Regression

I think I am regressing.  This weekend when I went home my mom and I sat outside on a blanket with pillows and magazines and after a little while I got bored so made her pretend she was on a life raft with me and there were sharks circling.  Then we collected a bunch of the apples that had fallen from the apple tree and I got a baseball bat and we went out into the pasture and had batting practice.  The pony out there loved eating the remainders of the apples.  Today at work all I wanted to do was crawl back in my sleeping bag and read Matilda by Roald Dahl.  I wish my sister was here for a slumber party.  I think I am regressing back to childhood. 

Today was my 6th day of orientation at the hospital, I have been having to learn the new computer charting/order system and today was 7 more hours of computer class.  Phew.  I am anxious to get in the ER again and make sure I haven't lost all of my skillz.  I went and toured the department last week and unsurprisingly the patient majority looks like the exact same kind of clientele that we had in the South, down to the house slippers, missing teeth and dirty clothes and hair.  People are the same everywhere. 

No comments:

Post a Comment