Finally, a creative outlet for myself, just in time for my first quarter-century on earth. Fashion, friends, the life of the single girl and hilarity to follow.
Monday, September 12, 2011
Welp, thanks for the big gulp
I survived my first day of new hospital orientation. I only got lost once and drank 2 cups of coffee and 2 sweet teas and parked in the right parking lot. I forgot how much orientation is like the first day of school...except most people don't know each other from the year before. The running commentary in my head illustrated to me that I not much has changed since I was 13 and in a new class, it went something like this today: That guy might have some potential if he gained 50 lbs of muscle and plucked his eyebrows. She is SO annoying, please don't sit by me. I am never going to be able to afford to retire. Since when do Tom's (shoes) count as 'business casual' attire? Is she pregnant, or just plump? Guy next to me: STOP breathing so loud! The VP looks like a raccoon. Do I need a medical spending account? I am so hungry. That guy must be foreign...yep, from Russia. I am freezing in here, glad I wore a sweater. My ID badge picture makes me look like I just had my wisdom teeth out. My to-do list is soooo long. I hate paperwork. Oh gosh, I have to learn how to do arterial blood draws. I am lost. My nails sure look pretty. I don't think I am qualified to work here. I need some gum. Yep, that pretty much sums up my thoughts for the whole day. There were 35 new employees orienting with me, from doctors to housekeepers. Tomorrow we break into more specialized orientation groups. I feel like my nursing expertise is decreasing exponentially each day I am out of the ER. Maybe I will grow some confidence overnight.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment