Thursday, October 13, 2011

I had a first!

So at work last night, even though it was pretty slow (I can say the jinx word after the fact), I had a "first".  I had to administer an enema.  Holy cow.  Thoughts of returning to my old hospital in the South ran through my mind as soon as the doctor told me that is what he wanted...and I realized that I was going to have to be the one doing it.  Somehow in 2 years I had managed to never do one, seeing as how they were mostly (always, in my case) delegated to the techs or nursing assistants.  Apparently that is not the case here.  My preceptor helped me, bless her heart, and was able to re-focus me when I started dry-heaving so badly my mascara was running down my face.  Of course as soon as we finished that, the charge nurse came along and told us we could take our lunch break (midnight is lunch-time).  Right.  Like I am ever going to be hungry again.

This morning after work for the second time I joined my co-workers at Beer and Breakfast.  Because I live in such a classy place, the casino/restaurants that serve breakfast and alcohol open at 8am, so we are able to have breakfast with adult beverages after work.  I kind of love it.  This morning we brought a deck of cards and four of us played Egyptian Rat Kill for two and a half hours.  Trust me, at that point everything is hilarious. 

No comments:

Post a Comment