Finally, a creative outlet for myself, just in time for my first quarter-century on earth. Fashion, friends, the life of the single girl and hilarity to follow.
Saturday, October 15, 2011
Odd
Apparently last night I had a transsexual patient and when she checked out her insurance said she was a male. The registration people were confused so they decided to ask me, her nurse, if she was a male or female after she left. Seeing as how about half of the women I have been treating in the last year have had beards, I obviously had no clue as to the patient's real gender, I just assumed it was a female because of the name and appearance. I felt slightly stupid not being able to answer what sex my patient was, after I had not even caught on that there might be something odd about the situation, but then I thought about it for a minute. The patient came in for a non-reproductive organ issue so really, whatever gender that person identifies with, if it is not related to the complaint of the person it is really not my business. Everyone else said "I thought there was something odd about that person" but I had no clue. My friend and I play a male-or-female guessing game sometimes with pictures we find on the internet and I am pretty good at that but I guess this goes to show if it is in real life and I am not thinking about it, I am below average in that skill section.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment