Monday, November 7, 2011

So basically I have been the worst blogger ever.  I will try to make more of an effort here...at least through the end of the year. 

I was Juno for Halloween, like the movie.  My sister said I would probably need a name tag or something or I would just look like an irresponsible disheveled pregnant teenager.  She was mostly right.  Apparently my fake belly was pretty convincing, I received numerous dirty/surprised looks when I would pour myself a drink at the parties and the more intoxicated females at the parties thought it was a good idea to give me parenting/childbirth advice...my favorite advice was "don't give birth in a public restroom and then leave the baby there".  Awesome.

Work has been chugging along, I am still learning lots, most importantly the dynamics of my co-workers and who is good people, who I should probably not trust, who is lazy, who doesn't like who, etc.  I don't like to partake in the above-mentioned dramas but I have found it is beneficial to be able to read people and be aware of the relationships that do exist.

On Halloween I was on call and of course got called in at 11pm.  I helped out for awhile and then the charge nurse said I could leave around 2am.  I didn't make it three blocks and my cell phone rang and I got called back in...there was a Halloween party that had gone terribly wrong and we ended up getting six stabbing victims.  I have seen plenty of stab wounds before but none like these eviscerations...literally some of the people came in holding their intestines in their hands.  It was insane.  Needless to say I was there the rest of the shift, plus some overtime. 

So, I am just swimming along, trying to get all settled in and work and pay my bills and meet people and have a little fun on the side.  I will keep you updated. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment