Monday, January 16, 2012

The crazy girl next door

     I am sure my neighbors think I am crazy - coming and going at all hours of the night and day (for work), the police are always over (the boyfriend), and more than once I have been seen running around like a chicken with my head cut off because I have locked myself out.  Once I was even seen removing the screen from my rear window and crawling in.  Well today I just added fuel to the weird-neighbor fire I am sure.  When a bundled up neighbor went by in the frigid 9 degrees walking her dog, I was in my garage with the door open, standing directly on top of my car in my furry boots and parka. 
     Why?  Well I noticed lately that when I was getting home from work at midnight, 2am, 7am, etc. when I opened my garage door the light wasn't coming on.  It was miserable trying to fumble for keys in the freezing cold, pitch black after I turned my car off and was standing at my door.  At first I didn't know if it was something I just hadn't noticed before, but then decided it was a new change.  So today when I got up around 4pm I decided to check it out.  It snowed last night, finally, and it was freezing, but my car only had minimal snow on it from the drive home this am.  I spider crawled up the trunk and back window to the top in my leggings and parka and furry Uggs then proceeded to crawl around and then stand up on the roof to figure out what the problem with the light was.  That was when one of the neighbors walked by.  I didn't have a ladder, what was I supposed to do? 
     Turns out the light bulb was burnt out.  Good thing I have small hands, that is the worst design plan ever, the motor and chain for the garage door are directly over the light so I had to reach around them and figure out how to unscrew the light bulb and get it out of its little container.  Phew.  Before I went up I texted my friend "Am crawling on car in garage 2 look @ garage door opener...if no text from me in 30min it means I fell and froze. Please come collect my body".  I bought a new lightbulb at the store tonight, so tomorrow or sometime in the next few days I will need to crawl back up there and re-install it.  Awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment