Last night I watched Jane Austen's Mansfield Park. It was 'meh'. I know it has taken me awhile but I am catching on to her story formula, and it takes a little of the magic out of it when you can predict who is good and who is bad and who is going to do what. Here is what I figure for her every story: brunette heroine (smart, not necessarily conventionally pretty, usually poor) + handsome cheating womanizer + good man the heroine meets in her childhood or very early in the story + a stupid sister + a very pretty sister + town gossips = Jane Austen story. That about does it. I am dying to see Persuasion but Netflix does not have any versions available instantly, if you can imagine that.
Tonight, what started out as cleaning up my spare room, still full of unopened boxes from the move, turned into a whole-place clean/furniture re-arranging. My back is already sore. I bought some daffodil and Iris buds at the store the other day, the have opened up beautifully and add so much color and prettiness I can hardly stand it. Also at the store the other morning, (I went after work), I learned you cannot buy alcohol here between the hours of 2am and 8am. Is that dumb or what? Why? I had just worked a 12-hour shift and wanted a margarita dammit, and it was 7:47. If people are going to drink they are going to drink, regardless of what hours you can buy alcohol. Not only did I want a margarita but I needed beer for my french dip recipe...good think the boyfriend had left a 6-pack in my fridge. I was tired and not about to sit and wait for the time to go by. Stupid law.
No comments:
Post a Comment