Sunday, January 29, 2012

tired

So I just got home from a long 12-hour shift...it didn't help that I had been awake since 6pm the night before due to my wacky work/sleep schedule.  We were super busy today, like every Sunday and Monday.  My night ended with a child protective services referral that seemed to take for-ev-er, and I have never been happier to come home to a quiet, clean place as I was tonight.  Talking to my mom on my drive home I told her I didn't know how I would deal to coming home to a family when I was this tired and irritable and worn out.  She told me to appreciate all my quiet and alone time now because I might not always have it.  Good advice.  If I came home at this hour and had to cook dinner and help with homework and clean etc. etc. I think I would just burst into tears.  Thank goodness that stuff doesn't happen to one overnight.  I had a hot bath and now am going to sleep so hard I will probably wake up in 2013.  Buena noche.

No comments:

Post a Comment