I am in the process of attempting to cook a meal right now. French dips in the crock pot and sweet potato fries, with popsicles for dessert because I am approximately 7. Ha ha. Tomorrow I am going to attempt the magical carrot rosemary soup my mom made over Christmas. I have been out of the cooking mood for so long, I am a little excited that my urge to prepare foods is returning...
When you live alone you forget how nice it is to eat with other people. Even at work we are all sent to eat one at a time to stagger how many nurses are on the floor. Anyways, last night I got to work a little bit early to eat my spicy chicken sandwich from Wendy's (I splurged, soooo good) and one of the ER techs and one other ER docs were in the break room eating their dinners as well. I had flashbacks to elementary school, all of us sitting at a big square table eating our lunches we made or bought, but it was so nice just to have some company to eat with. There really is something to be said for family (work, social or biological) mealtimes.
No comments:
Post a Comment