Tuesday, January 10, 2012

wishy washy

I can't decide what to do with my hair...color.  Initially before Christmas I went in to get that cool new ombre hair color, dark fading to light, but the colorist and I had completely different ideas of "ombre".  Basically I just got a few highlights starting halfway down my head.  I plucked up my courage and went back to the same place with a picture of more what I had in mind, but alas, it still didn't turn out remotely like what I had in mind...just brown with streaky blonde.  I learned a good lesson through this, if unsure of your hair stylist's capabilities, don't expect to look like a movie star especially if the color or cut or style or whatever looks tricky.  Ombre is all about the blending and obviously blending was not a strong point of hers.  I am trying a new place tomorrow.  Now I have dark hair with light highlights and need to decide if I want to go light all over (expensive upkeep, looks really nice, hard on my hair), back to dark brown (more natural, easy upkeep, boring) or try something new all together, like dark dark brown/black or red.  Decisions decisions.  Tomorrow my appointment is at noon, and I am betting I will still be making my mind up as I walk in the door.  Keep your fingers crossed it is not a disaster!  PS - here is a picture of ombre hair done correctly:

                                             http://mystylebell.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/drew-ombre2.jpg

1 comment: