Sunday, February 5, 2012

Sometimes..

Most of the time I believe I am of above-average intelligence, and then something comes along and I realize how dumb I can be.  JUST the other day, probably not even a week ago, it occurred to me for the FIRST time EVER that the song Amazing Grace is not about a person named Grace.  Wowza.  I was floored. I always imagined that song was about a black woman named Grace, who obviously was amazing.  Yeah, not what that song is actually about.  I feel like my friend when she told me she realized relatively recently that in The Sound of Music, a movie she had watched a hundred times growing up, they were not playing hide and go seek, they were actually hiding from the Nazis and it was during WWII.  Oh the stuff we misinterpret as kids and then grow up to still believe.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment