Finally, a creative outlet for myself, just in time for my first quarter-century on earth. Fashion, friends, the life of the single girl and hilarity to follow.
Monday, February 20, 2012
You look tired...
Who in their right mind tells someone they look tired/exhausted/worn out? That is not even a subtle way of saying "You look bad". I work with a nurse who is a big fan of telling me this, every time I see her. I feel like I work with her all the time and I hate it, cause either she a) tells me I look tired/exhausted/worn out, or b) looks me up and down and I know even if she is not saying it she is thinking it. Well she happens to look like a Halibut with a receding hairline but you don't see me telling her that. After the first 3 or 4 times she told me this I finally told her it was not very nice of her and it was a poorly disguised way of saying I looked awful. After an awkward silence she wandered off, and now it doesn't happen nearly as frequently but it still annoys me every time I see her. It is poorly disguised passive-aggressiveness. Did she never see Bambi? If you can't say anything nice keep yo damn mouth shut was a lesson from that movie if I remember correctly... Or at least something along those lines...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment